You Can Almost See Brady Street Hill!
Since 1975, the Quad-City Times Bix 7 has been a Midwest summer tradition, bringing thousands of runners from across the globe to Run With the Best. Even though we can’t run together this July, keep the tradition alive by virtually running participating in our the historical Quad-City Times Virtual Bix 7, Prairie Farms Quick Bix or Arconic Jr. Bix.
Run, jog, walk, starting from your local start/finish line, decorate your commemorative bib, choose your own course, run with family and post on social media. There are endless ways to make this your best race yet.
PLEASE FOLLOW PROPER SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES. WE WANT YOU TO BE SAFE AND HEALTHY!
Please read through all race day instructions below for your best Virtual race experience.
Map out your course
7 mile, 2 mile or Jr Bix route near you or find your nearest treadmill. You’ll receive a downloadable link once you register for your Race Bib & finish line tape. Want to save some paper? Take a screenshot of your race bib and fill in your name on your phone!
Run, walk or jog your race between the dates of July 1-25.
Sidewalk, living room, treadmill, trail or track! We ask that you please follow the guidance from your local government and public health officials on how to safely run in your community. Click HERE for the June training schedule and HERE for the July training schedule to help you achieve your goals.
Track your time
Using your watch, a GPS tracker or through your treadmill.
Submit your results
Online by July 25. You can run the race as many times as you like but can only upload once. Here’s where we use the honor system. You know the saying, “Character is what you do when no one is watching.” Yep, that right there. We trust you to be honest in posting your time. Once your results are posted, print your finisher’s certificate. And continue to check back through July 25 to see where you placed in your age group and overall.
Share your virtual experience
While encouraging your fellow runners on social media with pictures, videos or tik-toks using #qctbix7virtual #findyourhappypace #qctbix7 #runwiththebest #allinthistogether.
SIGN UP TO RUN VIRTUALLY!
Questions? We’re here to help. Send us a message on our Facebook event page or to Bix7Info@gmail.com.
VIRTUAL RUN SAFETY TIPS
- These are not closed courses. Please be aware of your surroundings and use crosswalks when crossing roads and look both ways. Obey normal traffic laws.
- Plan for your run. Water fountains or sources may not be available along your route so please be prepared.
- Carry your ID in case of an emergency.
- Notify someone when you start your run and then when you are done. Let them know where you are running.
- If listening to music only use one earbud and leave your other ear open to listen for potential hazards.
- Check the weather for the time you plan on running.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing.
- Call 911 with any emergency right away.
- Follow recommendations as provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Lastly and most importantly, use common sense and listen to your body — don’t overdo it.
Thank you for participating this year. We really appreciate you!
This magnificent community event owes it’s continuing success for the past 45 years to the platinum, gold medal and contributing sponsors, to the many dozens of other supporting businesses and organizations and to the thousands of individual volunteers. The Quad-City Times, Cornbelt Running Club and the entire Quad-City community deeply appreciate that dedication and generosity. Also, we would like to thank you, the runner and walker, whose loyal support has transformed this race from 85 participants into one of the nations iconic road racing events.