Packet Pick Up/Expo
Race Packet Pickup & Expo Information
The Running Wild Sports & Fitness Expo is the official race headquarters for the Quad-City Times Bix 7.
The expo is located in the RiverCenter South Hall at 136 East Third Street, Davenport. Packet pickup, late registration and expo hours are: Thursday, July 26 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday, July 27 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. There will be limited packet pick-up the morning of the race from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. No late registration available on Saturday morning.
Proceed to the solutions table if any of the information is incorrect. ChampionChip Timing will NOT be used for our event. If you wear your ChampionChip timing chip your race time will not be recorded.
SPECIAL NOTICE: Due to the nature of this type of event, no refunds will be made if for some reason the event would be canceled. For the safety of all participants, wheeled vehicles are NOT allowed (e.g. baby strollers, roller blades, bicycles, etc.). Wheelchair participants are allowed to compete. When you pick up your race packet, please check that your bib has your correct name, sex, age and ChronoTrack Timing D-Tag number.
I’m an elite runner. How do I register?
Runners expecting to be seeded in the fastest group may apply here. Written verification (i.e. copy of printed race results or finish certificate from past year) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org showing a 33:00 minute/men or a 38:00 minute/women, finish time for a 10,000 meter race. Entries are subject to approval by race officials. Those not meeting requirements will be placed in the appropriate corral.
When is the race?
- Bix & QuickBix: 8:00 am Saturday, July 28, 2017
- Jr Bix: 6:00 pm Friday, July 27, 2017
How long is the Bix?
Bix: 7 Miles QuickBix: 2 Miles Jr Bix:
- Age 8-12: 7/10 Mile
- Age 6-7: 1/2 Mile
- 5 & under: 70 yards
How much does it cost?
- Bix & QuickBix: $40 by June 1, $43 by July 1, $48 late entry
- Jr Bix: $16 until July 26, $20 late entry
When does registration end?
- Mailed applications must be postmarked by July 18.
- Online registration ends at noon July 27.
- The last chance to register is in person at the River Center packet pick-up sessions on the Thursday and Friday before the race.
What do I get for registering?
Bix & QuickBix:
- The Official 2018 Quad-City Times Bix 7 Dri-FIT Race Shirt
- Free Commemorative Poster
- Yearly award pin for 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 & 40th time participants
- Publication of name and official finish time in the Quad-City Times
- Walmart’s Greatest Post Race Party
- 4 FREE Bix at 6 training runs for registered runners
- Official Jr Bix T-Shirt
- Jr Bix “Victory” Medal
- Name printed in the Quad-City Times
- Admission to “Family Block Party.”
- Parents are invited, too!
You will pick up your T-shirts at Packet Pickup. Additional shirts purchased in the registration process will be mailed as soon as they are available.
Is there an age restriction to run?
There are no age restrictions on the Bix. Categories are: 15 and under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80 & over.
What is the race route?
- Starts on Brady St, turns right onto Kirkwood Blvd, turns up Jersey Ridge Rd, turns right onto Middle Rd, turns right onto McClellan Blvd, to a turnaround at River Drive. The course follows back the same way, turns left onto 3rd street to the finish line.
- QuickBix: Starts on Brady St (with Bix 7 runners), turns right on 15th St, turns right onto Perry St, turns left onto 4th St to the finish line.
How steep is Brady Street Hill?
The hill is about a 7 to 9% grade, or 4 to 5 degrees, for around one third of a mile.
Can I be in the race if I am in a wheelchair?
Yes, wheelchairs are allowed in the race. Other wheeled devices, such as strollers and bicycles, are not.
Can I bring my child with me in the race?
For the safety of the runners, strollers are not allowed. Children strapped to an adult or carried are permitted. As a reminder, the temperature on the day of the race may be very high. Be safe.
Are pets allowed?
As much as we love them, pets are not allowed.
How do I participate in the costume contest?
101.3 Kiss FM will hold the costume contest in the Quad-City Times parking lot after the race.
How is the race timed?
We use a disposable timing chip called a D-tag. These chips are located on the race bib. To use, peel the chip off the race bib and attach to your shoe. These chips do not need to be collected after the race.
I’ve registered. Now what?
- If you ordered an extra T-shirt, it will ship as soon as it is available.
- The Running Wild Sports and Fitness Expo is the official race headquarters for the Quad-City Times Bix 7. The expo is located in the RiverCenter South Hall at 136 East Third Street, Davenport.
- Packet pick-up, late registration and expo hours are: Thursday, July 26 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Friday, July 27 from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. There will be limited packet pick-up the morning of the race from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. No late registration available on Saturday morning.
- If you choose to pick up your packet on race day, T-shirts, posters and pins may not be available.
- Plan to be at the race early to park and get in position.
What’s the Bix at 6?
The Bix at 6 is a set of 4 training runs available to registered Bix participants. Runs start at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, June 28, July 5 & July 12. The training runs will follow the actual Bix course. You must be registered for the Bix or QuickBix to participate. Runners who register at the Bix at 6 will receive a free Bix at 6 T-shirt.
What’s the Brady Street Sprints and how can I enter?
The race is exactly a quarter mile climb, steeply ascending Brady Street hill. Ten races highlight the evening. Two men’s and women’s open races (29 & under and 39 & under for each), two Masters’ races (40 & over, men’s and women’s), High School relays (boys’ & girls’), Bix 7 Sponsors Race (Bix sponsors only) and the Corporate Challenge Race (any Quad City company may recruit the fastest runners they can find). The finals will be televised on KWQC with cash prizes for top finishers. Time trials take place during the first three Bix at 6 training runs – 7:00 p.m. at 5th and Brady Street. The top 3 finishers each night will make it into the final round, which will take place at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 27.
Where do I park?
There are three downtown parking ramps, as well as street side parking and the Modern Woodmen Park parking lot (which requires a bit of a walk). Make sure you’re there early enough to get in place before the race starts.
Where can I stay when I’m in town?
The official hotel of the Bix 7 is the Isle Casino Hotel in Bettendorf. Call 1-800-THE-ISLE for more information or to book a room.
How do I return my chip?
You don’t need to return your chip! With the D-Tag disposable timing chips, you won’t need to stop and remove the chip after the race or pay for a lost chip.
Running Wild Sports & Fitness Expo
The Running Wild Sports and Fitness Expo is an eagerly anticipated event, attracting over 50,000 runners, walkers, volunteers, families and friends to downtown Davenport, Iowa, every July. This 2-day show features vendors from the health, wellness and fitness industry, including running apparel and gear, nutritional products and injury prevention. Featuring free admission and packet pick-up, this is the place to showcase your business.
Contact Expo Director Michelle R. Juehring today – Bix7Expo@gmail.com
- Location: RiverCenter South Hall at 136 East Third Street, Davenport, IA
- Free Admission: Open to the public
- Directions and Parking: For directions and parking information, please visit the RiverCenter website
- Note: There will be limited packet pick up the morning of the race from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m..
- No late registration available on Saturday morning
When you pick up your race packet, please check that your bib has your correct name, sex, age and ChronoTrack Timing D-Tag number. Proceed to the solutions table if any of the information is incorrect. ChampionChip Timing will NOT be used for our event. If you wear your ChampionChip timing chip your race time will not be recorded.
SPECIAL NOTICE: Due to the nature of this type of event, no refunds will be made if for some reason the event would be canceled. For the safety of all participants, wheeled vehicles are NOT allowed (e.g., baby strollers, roller blades, bicycles, etc.). Wheelchair participants are allowed to compete.
- Active Pacifica
- Athletico Physical Therapy
- Bath Fitters
- Bondi Band
- Cornbelt Running Club
- Dane Rauschenberg
- Des Moines Marathon
- Destination Fitness
- Genesis Health System
- Gypsy Runner
- Institute of Therapeutic Massage
- Lagomarcino Coco Beano 5K
- Lundgren Chiropractic
- National Running Center
- Palmer Chiropractic College
- Quad Cities Convention & Visitor Bureau
- Quad Cities Marathon
- Quad-City Times
- Real Time Pain Relief
- Renewal by Andersen
- Resolution Run
- Running Wild
- Sam's Club
- Scott County YMCA
- Sleep Number
- Spara, Inc.
- York Sign Shop
- Western Illinois University-QC